Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets €2.13 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal 2017.
Alaska isn’t like other places. When Ruth was little, her daddy sliced bloody backstrap off a hunted deer the way her mama curled ribbons on presents. But then he died, and after that Ruth’s mama seemed to forget that she was there. Now Ruth is sixteen: running a little wild. The mountains are huge and epic. Little towns huddle in their grooves. The snow comes, then goes again. Killer whales steal cod from fishing fleets. Into this harsh landscape come three other teenagers – abused Dora, ballerina Alyce and runaway Hank. All four are lost. Can they save each other?
- A startlingly rich and authentic debut from an extraordinary new talent
- Coming-of-age fiction set in the wild frontier landscape of 1970s Alaska
- A beautifully written tale of love, family, tragedy, luck and salvation
- By an Alaskan native who has drawn on four generations of family history
“Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock’s Alaska is beautiful and wholly unfamiliar… A thrilling, arresting debut.” Gayle Forman
This product has not been reviewed yet.