Sparrow Rising (Skyborn #1) (an exciting, fast-paced new fantasy adventure series for kids!)
Buy this and your school gets €2.87 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Jessica Khoury brings her masterful world-building and emotional depth to an exciting fantasy series.In a world where everyone is born with wings, stone monsters prowl the skies, hunting those who dare to fly too high. In the Clandoms, everyone is born with wings, with tight-knit communities formed around bird types: Jay, Falcon, Crow. Ellie Meadows dreams of growing up to join the Goldwings – the famed knights who defend all the people of the Clandoms. It was a Goldwing, after all, who saved her life on that terrible day her parents were killed. There’s just one problem: Ellie is a Sparrow, and the Goldwings are almost invariably picked from the higher clans like Eagles and Ospreys. This rigid hierarchy means that Ellie is destined to become a farmer. Determined to honor her parents’ memories and prove herself worthy of the Goldwings, Ellie sets out on her own for the capital. But her journey will be dangerous. Foul creatures called gargols lurk behind every cloud, ready to slay anyone unlucky enough to be caught outside in a storm – just as Ellie’s family was. Soon her path intertwines with a colorful band of fellow outcasts, each with their own aspirations… and their own secrets. Ellie’s new friends offer not just roadside companionship. They’ll challenge her ideas of right, wrong, and what truly makes a hero.
- Fast-paced, highly imaginative middle grade fantasy
- Perfect for fans of Wings of Fire
- Explores important issues such as racism, classism, privilege and systemic oppression
817 in EU Primary September 2021
July 1st, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- A Life Story: Captain Tom Moore
- Lost Soul Atlas
- The Smart Girl's Guide to Life
- Dark Unicorns: The Cursed Unicorn
Moonchild: City of the Sun
- The Year We Fell from Space
- Malice in Underland #2: A Trick of Time
2booksHorrible Histories Pair
- Disney Hercules: Go The Distance
Fighting Fantasy: Crystal of Storms
Wizards of Once: Never and Forever
- Twisted Tales: Unbirthday
- The Curse of the Mummy: Uncovering Tutankhamun's Tomb
- Stranger Places
- You Got This! 100 Tips for Being Your Stress-Free Best
The Secret Forest
- DK Knowledge Encyclopedia
- Amari and the Night Brothers
- A Secret of Birds and Bone
- Horrible Science: Dangerous Diseases
- The Girl From The Sea
- All New Minecraft Creative Handbook
- Harry Potter: The Official Harry Potter Baking Book
- The Hobbit
A Monster Calls