Tom Crean: Ice Man
Buy this and your school gets £1.00 to spend on books Orders of £20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Tom Crean was no ordinary man, and the story of his life is a stirring tale of courage and survival against all the odds. When he followed Captain Scott into the frozen wastes on his mission to reach the South Pole, he walked 56 km solo across a treacherous ice shelf to save a dying comrade. Later, he survived the sinking of Ernest Shackleton’s polar exploration ship Endurance, helping to save his friends from death in the freezing waters. As if that wasn’t heroic enough, he then took part in an 800 mile open boat journey through treacherous pack ice from Elephant Island to South Georgia – a feat still regarded as one of the greatest feats of seamanship ever! Written by Tom Crean’s biographer, this story of a life in the frozen Antarctic wastes will make you shiver with excitement!
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- PM Writing 4: Wonders of the Arctic (PM Sapphire) Level 30
- PM Ruby: Change in the Community (PM Extras Non-fiction) Level 27/28
- PM Silver: Antarctic Penguins (PM Non-fiction) Levels 23, 24
- Fast Forward Blue: Travelling Around (Non-fiction) Level 10
- History VIP: Mary Anning
8booksEDGE: Slipstream Pack x8
- PM Ruby: There's A Ship Outside My Window (PM Chapter Books) Level 27
4booksElen Caldecott Pack x 4
8booksVictorians Topic Pack
Horrible Histories: Vile Victorians
6copiesHoles x 6
- My Story: Workhouse
- PM Sapphire: Journey to Antarctica (PM Non-fiction) Levels 29, 30
9booksMichael Morpurgo Pack x 9
- The Great Outdoors Pack
- PM Turquoise: On Rails (PM Non-fiction) Levels 18, 19
- PM Turquoise: At Sea (PM Non-fiction) Levels 18, 19