Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets €5.58 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
This much-loved classic series whisks you into a thrilling lost world of gladiators and assassins, creepy rituals, savage wars and fiery volcanoes! It all starts in the Ancient Roman city of Ostia, when the dogs on Flavia’s street start dying. Who is killing them – and why? Her investigation leads her to three extraordinary people; slave-girl Nubia, Jonathan, a Jewish boy, and Lupus, a mute beggar-child. But their adventures won’t only take them to the graveyards, marketplaces and courtyards of Ostia. Before long, they find themselves in Pompeii as Mount Vesuvius erupts…
- Vivid and fast-paced fiction that brings Ancient Rome to life
- Follows four children as they turn detective and solve crimes
- Describes people and places with superb historical detail
- Depicts major events such as the destruction of Pompeii
- Was turned into a hugely popular BBC TV series in 2007
“Immensely readable.” Times Educational Supplement
“An interesting and exciting read that is extremely well researched. It is packed with accurate detail of everyday Roman life. The story is so well paced and involving that you don’t realise just how much information you are absorbing.” School Librarian
This product has not been reviewed yet.