Buy this and your school gets £1.40 to spend on books Orders of £20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
In this heart-stopping adventure based on real historical events, Kereen Getten takes readers on a journey of sisterhood, struggle and survival from Jamaica to Britain. ‘She was rarely afraid, and even if she was … she still stood her ground, because Ruth never faltered in what she believed in.’ Ruth and Anna are inseparable.
- VOICES: A thrilling series showcasing some of the UK’s finest writers for young people. Voices reflects the authentic, unsung stories of our past. Each shows that, even in times of great upheaval, a myriad of people have arrived on this island and made a home for themselves – from Roman times to the present day.
Our March 2021 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
My March Book of the Month for children aged 9+ is the heart-stopping adventure Two Sisters: A Story of Freedom. Based on real historical events, Kereen Getten takes readers on a journey of sisterhood, struggle and survival from Jamaica to Britain.
When Ruth and Anna are shipped off to Master John’s home in London for their safety, it isn’t the haven they imagined. Their differences force them apart – Anna is allowed to stay upstairs while Ruth is banished to the servants’ quarters and forced to work. Will Anna find the courage to stand up for Ruth before it’s too late?
I have chosen this book because it is essential reading on part of our countries history and perfect for teaching children about inclusivity and diversity. An invaluable story for any young readers, with the adventure and narrative non-fiction element keeping it engaging and entertaining as well as being historically accurate and educating.
Two Sisters: A Story of Freedom is the 6th book in the Voices series, which showcases some of the UK’s finest writers as they reflect on the authentic unsung stories of our past. Each book reads as a standalone, but great if kids love the series as there’s five more for them to get stuck into straight away!
Voices (book 6)
March 4th, 2021
AR book level: 5.4; Middle years; 6.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesCounting on Katherine x6
6copiesLetters from the Lighthouse x 6
Voices #1: Now or Never - A Dunkirk Story
- My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan
6copiesJourney to the River Sea x 6
- The Leap Cycle #1: The Infinite
- Captain Underpants #11: Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
Voices #5: Windrush Child
- The Story of the Windrush
- The Forest of Ghosts and Bones
- Goosebumps: The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight
- Cookie! And the Most Annoying Boy in the World
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
The Guggenheim Mystery
2booksShadow Magic Pair
- Waiting for Wolf
- The Wizards of Once #3: The Wizards of Once: Knock Three Times
4booksVoices Pack x 4
6booksSam Wu Pack