Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Scientists Who Made History: Marie Curie
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Meet the people who shook the world with science! Being a brilliant scientist doesn’t have to be about sitting in a lab all day. The scientists in this series not only did amazing work; they led pretty amazing lives as well. Like Marie Curie. She discovered two radioactive elements; helped invent the X-ray machine; and used radiation to cure cancer. She even worked as a medic on the First World War frontline. She also became the first woman to win a Nobel Prize (she won two in the end), before dying of radiation poisoning. Science, boring? NOT!
- A fascinating biography of a major scientific figure
- Full of quotes, pictures, maps, timelines and weblinks
- A highly readable blend of scientific facts and life story
- Perfect for science projects and for general interest reading
“A superb series… Excellent both for a library and for children and teachers to read as part of a science course.” TES
This product has not been reviewed yet.