Fast Forward Purple: Life in Ancient Egypt (Non-fiction) Level 20
Out of stock - due soon
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The Nile River runs right through the middle of Egypt. About 5000 years ago, people started to live and work along the banks of this great river. This was the beginning of the society we call ancient Egypt.
There were many different groups of people in ancient Egypt. Each group had a different level of power. The pharaoh had the most power. Priests were powerful because they controlled the temples. Nobles were from rich families, and were born into a high position.
Fast Forward Independent Texts reinforce the skills and knowledge students have gained from instructional/guided reading sessions. Independent Texts have been carefully-levelled for independent reading, allowing children to experience reading success on their own terms.
Fast Forward books are for struggling readers, but with an interest level of 9-14 years. To ensure that children are given every opportunity to succeed in their reading, the introduction of new words is one new word for every 16 known words (1:16). Unlike levelled reading programmes for younger children, Fast Forward introduces more complex sentences at the earliest levels.
Engage your less confident readers and improve reading attainment with Fast Forward. This series offers a wide range of age-appropriate, high-interest readers for children in Key Stage 2 and 3 who are struggling to make progress with their reading. Each book has been carefully levelled to ensure steady progression with a range of text types introduced which children can use as a model for their own writing.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Fast Forward Green: Thomas Edison (Non-fiction) Level 12
- Fast Forward Purple: Life in Ancient Rome (Non-fiction) Level 19
- Fast Forward Orange: The Space Race (Non-fiction) Level 15
Bombs and Blackberries: A World War Two Play
Horrible Histories: Vile Victorians
- Discover the Vikings: Warriors, Exploration and Trade
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Viking Sites
- The Story of the Second World War for Children
- Found! Vikings
- We Had to Be Brave: Escaping the Nazis on the Kindertransport
Horrible Histories: Woeful Second World War
- Daily Life in Ancient Egypt
- Daily Life in Ancient Rome
- Shackleton: The Boss - The Remarkable Adventures of a Heroic Antarctic Explorer
- The Romans: Gods, Emperors and Dormice
- My Story: D-Day
- Mythology Around the World: Roman Myths
Coming to England
- Ancient Egypt: Gods, Pharaohs and Cats!
- Why Do We Remember? Neil Armstrong and the Moon Landings
- Felix and Zelda #1: Once
Horrible Histories: Awesome Egyptians
- The Story of the Windrush
- Grandad Mandela
- Counting on Katherine
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Changed the World
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History