Buy this and your school gets €2.03 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Dame Floella Benjamin’s classic childhood memoir, Coming to England, includes a foreword by the author and some additional historical information. It is beautifully illustrated by Michael Frith.
Floella Benjamin was just a young girl when she, her sister and two brothers arrived in England in 1960 to join their parents, whom they had not seen for fifteen months. They had left the island paradise of Trinidad to make a new home in London – part of a whole generation of West Indians who were encouraged to move to Britain and help rebuild the country after the Second World War.
Reunited with her mother, Floella was too overwhelmed at first to care about the cold weather and the noise and dirt from the traffic. But, as her new life began, she was shocked and distressed by the rejection she experienced. She soon realized that the only way to survive was to work twice as hard and be twice as good as anyone else.
This inspirational story is a powerful reminder that courage and determination can overcome adversity.
August 3rd, 2017
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- PM Silver: Dick Whittington (PM Traditional Tales and Plays) Levels 23, 24
- Pirates Love Underpants
- The Parker Inheritance
- The Lottie Project
The Fastest Boy in the World
Overheard in a Tower Block
- Rebel Voices: The Rise of Votes for Women
- The Land and the People: Russia
- The Ones That Disappeared
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Changed the World
- The Undefeated
Voices #2: Diver's Daughter: A Tudor Story (Voices #2)
- Scholastic Poetry: Animal Poems
- The Same Inside: Poems about Empathy and Friendship
- Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain
- Look Up!
- Oh My Gods
- Counting On Katherine
6copiesI Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Changed the World x6
Hot Like Fire and Other Poems
Voices #1: Now or Never - A Dunkirk Story
30copiesCollins School Thesaurus x 30
- Isaac and His Amazing Asperger Superpowers!
- The Land and the People: India
6copiesThe Hundred-Mile-An-Hour Dog x 6
- The Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #6: Kristy's Big Day