History VIP: Mary Anning
Buy this and your school gets €2.28 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘She sells sea shells on the sea shore’ – and she really did! This rhyme is thought to have been written about Mary Anning, an amazing fossilist and dinosaur expert, who was almost unknown at the time she lived. This biography explores the life of Mary Anning, from her first fossil finds at the age of ten to her sales of important discoveries to wealthy scientists. Mary’s fossil finds made a great contribution to what scientist understood about pre-historic life.
Through the story of Mary Anning, readers learn about life and society in the 1800s and Victorian Britain. We learn what it was like to be born into a poor family and about the roles of women in society and in the field of science. Readers will learn to draw conclusions from the evidence provided – a great basis for class discussions.
History VIP biographies each look at the life of a famous Briton telling the stories of these Very Important People with clear, lively text. Amazing facts are added with feature panels and lively illustrations give visual information of the time and society the VIP lived in. With these key biographies students learn how individual people’s actions have shaped the course of history.
Key terms are defined in an easy-to-use glossary encouraging readers to use historical terms in their own work.
History VIPs biographies focus on key subjects in the history curriculum for Key Stages 2 and 3, exploring the impact of exceptional figures in history and the society and culture in Britain at the time that they lived.
Features include: In other news – these panels give context and help readers to understand the society and events of the wider world in which the subject lived True or False – questions lead students to question information and to interact with the facts they are presented with. What they said – quote features bring the subjects to life using their own words! WOW! – Boxes add humorous or amazing information to astound the reader and bring out the hilarious side of history
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- History VIP: Boudicca
- History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
3booksAlan Gibbon's Football Pack x3
5booksWater, Water Everywhere! Pack x 5
- Discover the Vikings: Warriors, Exploration and Trade
- The Orchestra
- On the Move: Poems About Migration
- Why Do We Remember? Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot
- Daily Life in Ancient Rome
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Viking Sites
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Roman Sites
- Why Do We Remember? The Battle of Hastings
- Found! Roman Britain
5booksBarrington Stoke Fiction: Ages 8-12 Pack x5
6booksStone Age to Iron Age Topic Pack
- Why Do We Remember? Remembrance Day
- Found! Vikings
2booksBarrington Stoke: True Stories Pack x2
- The Story of the Windrush
- Found! Anglo-Saxon Britain
- Discover the Vikings: Everyday Life, Art and Culture
- Newspapers from History: Viking Express
- Why Do We Remember? Neil Armstrong and the Moon Landings
- Newspapers from History: Roman Tribune
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Anglo-Saxon Sites
10booksScience Essentials Key Stage 2 Pack x 10
10booksIn Focus: Our World Pack x 10