PM Writing 2: Exemplars for Teaching Writing
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The PM Writing Exemplars for Teaching Writing are large format books designed to help teachers model the conventions of written language in whole-class and small-group sessions. The books provide the initial introduction to each text type, presenting and deconstructing exemplars of the 9 text types taught across the 4 levels.
The Exemplars for Teaching Writing form the start of the PM Writing suggested teaching pathways. The material presented in these books is reinforced through use of the Interactive Writing Pro Formas and Student Books.
Each of the exemplar texts is presented over three double-page spreads.
On the first spread, the text is presented for shared reading
On the second spread, the text structure of the text type is deconstructed using colour-coding.
On the third spread, selected language features of the text type are highlighted.
Teacher Focus notes appear on each spread, featuring key teaching points and teacher talk related directly to the text structure and language features of the text type.
PM Writing 2 Exemplar for Teaching Writing big book also comes with a USB inside.
- writing goals that support teachers and students
- instructional content for the conventions and composition of developing writing
- explicit links to reading and writing
- content that promotes writing to construct meaning across the curriculum in a variety of text forms
- teaching and learning approaches that promote choice and authenticity in writing for a variety of purposes and audiences.
PM Writing is a complete learning, teaching and assessment package that develops the writing process throughout the primary phase. It provides explicit and systematic instruction in writing, incorporating shared, guided and independent writing and linked independent reading.
This product has not been reviewed yet.