This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
No 1 in “Best Educational Books for Secondary School Kids” – The Mirror, April 2020
“An excellent world atlas. Very illuminating, good colours, clear texts…good glossary and, last but not least, up-to-date”. Amazon customer review
- The ideal school atlas for Key Stage 3 pupils, 11-14 years old
- 96 pages in total updated for 2019 specifically to meet curriculum needs
- 16 page UK and Ireland section
- 62 page world section
- Published in association with the Royal Geographical Society
Philip’s Essential School Atlas has been specially created for lower-secondary geography students (11-14 year olds). It is ideal for work leading up to GCSE (England and Wales) National Curriculum Key Stage 3, and Scotland’s National Qualifications.
The maps have been carefully designed so they are uncluttered and easy to read, containing specially selected place names and detail. A clear set of symbols and scale information accompanies each map and there is a useful introductory section covering basic atlas skills, including aerial photographs and satellite images to further explain particular features on the maps.
Fully up-to-date, the atlas comprises a 16-page UK and Ireland section and a 62-page World section. Detailed regional maps, charts and satellite images of Europe, Italy, the Middle East, China, Japan, Kenya, USA, Brazil, and the Arctic and Antarctica are included, focusing on areas of special interest for students of geography, such as Japan’s volcanoes and earthquakes, conservation in Kenya, and water supply in the USA.
Philip’s Essential School Atlas is ideal for special project work, featuring an informative section of world thematic maps on the environment, climate change, people, quality of life, and energy.
Latitude and longitude co-ordinates are included in the index, alongside figure-letter references.
June 6th, 2019
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Philip's Modern School Atlas
- Faber Drama: The History Boys
The Bunker Diary
6copiesPrivate Peaceful x 6
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Chemistry AQA Revision Guide
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Geography Edexcel B Revision Guide
6copiesThe Gilded Ones x 6
Barrington Stoke Teen: Mind the Gap
- Child I
- Becoming Dinah
- Heartstopper: Volume Two
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Physics AQA Revision Guide
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Foundation Maths Edexcel Revision Guide
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Biology AQA Revision Guide
- GCSE Grades 9-1: English Language and Literature AQA Revision Guide
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Higher Maths Edexcel Revision Guide
- The Great Outdoors Pack
- Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar Revision Guide for All Boards
10booksSave The Planet KS2 Pack
- The Deepest Breath
- Tangleweed and Brine