Buy this and your school gets €1.86 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Nominated for the Costa Children’s Book Award
‘The Noughts & Crosses series are still my favourite books of all time and showed me just how amazing story-telling could be’ STORMZY
‘Malorie’s Noughts & Crosses series is the first time I saw myself in a book . . . they were pacey, exciting, rich. What Malorie Blackman has always done so brilliantly is put the minority front and centre, both in society and politics.’ CANDICE CARTY-WILLIAMS
‘The most original book I’ve ever read’ BENJAMIN ZEPHANIAH
‘Malorie Blackman is absolutely amazing … [Noughts & Crosses] really spoke to me, especially as a woman of dual heritage.’ ZAWE ASHTON‘Crossfire is searing, political and furious. Malorie’s world building is sublime and the way the Noughts & Crosses series holds a mirror up to society is unrivalled’ JUNO DAWSON
Years have passed since the love between Sephy – a Cross – and Callum – a Nought – destroyed their world and changed their families and society forever.
Society appears to be very different now. For the first time ever, a Nought Prime Minister – Tobey Durbridge – is in power. Race and class don’t divide people anymore. But things are never really that easy.
Because Tobey’s just been framed for murder, and the only way to free himself is to turn to his oldest friend – Callie-Rose.
Their families divisions run deep, and when two young people are kidnapped, their lives and everything they’ve fought for are put in the firing line.
And when you’re playing a game as dangerous as this one, it won’t be long before someone gets caught in the crossfire…
Crossfire is the long-awaited new novel in legendary author Malorie Blackman’s ground-breaking Noughts & Crosses series.
‘Rich in moral and social issues, it is devastating about racial attitudes’ THE SUNDAY TIMES, CHILDREN’S BOOK OF THE WEEK
‘It chillingly echoes the tempestuous taste of the world today while offering the intensity of a thriller’ I NEWSPAPER
8354 in Books and Resources for Secondary Schools Catalogue 2021 and 213 in EU Teen September 2021
Noughts and Crosses (book 5)
July 4th, 2019
AR book level: 4.8; Upper years; 13.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Babysitters Club 2020 #5: Dawn and the Impossible Three
- Wayward Son
- Dot.Common Sense: How to Stay Smart and Safe Online
- The Babysitters Club 2020 #3: The Truth About Stacey
- The Babysitters Club 2020 #6: Kristy's Big Day
- Get Ahead in Computing: Webpage Design
Get Ahead in Computing: Super Social Media and Awesome Online Safety
- The Babysitters Club 2020 #1: Kristy's Great Idea
- Michael Morpurgo: War Child to War Horse
- The Danger Gang
- Real-Life Stories: David Walliams
A Life Story: Serena Williams
Looking for Alaska
- Real-Life Stories: Malorie Blackman
4booksScience Builders Pack x 4
- Work It, Girl: Boss the Bestseller List Like J.K. Rowling
- Nat Enough
Look Both Ways
- The Ultimate Guide to Basketball (100% Unofficial)
- Rainbow Revolutions: Power, Pride and Protest in the Fight for Queer Rights
- The Girl Who Came Out of the Woods
Noughts and Crosses #3: Checkmate
- You Go, Girl!
Barrington Stoke Fiction: A Dangerous Game
Death Sets Sail
The World's Worst Children 3
- Murder Most Unladylike #9: Top Marks for Murder