This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
This engaging, easy-to-use CD-ROM is based on the ‘Life Cycles’ overview book, with all the extra features that a CD-ROM can bring. It contains an onscreen version of the book which is ideal for whole-class guided reading, as well as additional video clips, games, audio files and fascinating facts. Full of stunning photos, the lively interactive format offers plenty to investigate on each screen, as well as ideas to take your learning project further.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
The series is a great introduction to guided reading. Packed with luscious photographs, children will be fascinated to find out more about these beautifully illustrated animals.
- The series has a simple structure. Each strand has an overview book, with accompanying CD ROM, which teachers can use for guided reading. The overview books in each strand contain the key vocabulary and concepts for the whole strand. Once children are secure with the concepts, they can go on to use the remaining five books as independent readers.
- CD ROMs follow the structure of the overview books, but are packed with extra features – games, animal videos and audio to get less confident readers started.
- Choose the relevant strand for your class.
- Download the teachers’ notes for that strand, and pick the relevant notes for the book you have chosen.
- Use the CD-ROM for whole-class work, with children taking charge of the navigation.
- Support this work with the relevant overview book to get children interested in the concepts of LIfe cycles, Animal defences or Predators.
- The rest of the readers are all at the same level, so children can choose which books they are most interested in. Do they want to know more about Penguins, Octopus, Elephants, Deer or Otters?
Investigate CD-ROMs (Life cycles, Animal defences and Predators)
The CD ROM is NOT an ebook. It is much more than this. It is engaging and interactive and enables children to drill down even further, to learn about animals that haven’t been mentioned in the books, to test their understanding of the concepts, by playing matching games, or checking out information in a table. The CD brings the animals to life. Lions roar, and chase their supper. Birds swoop onto the interactive whiteboard. The activities provided on the CD-ROM are ideal for teaching literacy skills regularly and systematically. Above all, it is a fun way to learn.