Connectors Ages 9+: Invasive Species x 6 Pack
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers aged 9+.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesWho's Afraid of the Big Bad Book? x 6
- Fantastic Football Poems
- The Land and the People: India
- The Accidental President
- The Land and the People: Brazil
- Captain Underpants #5: Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman
- Captain Underpants #2: Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets
- Return to Wonderland
- Shout Out: Use Your Voice, Save the Day
The Boy Who Swam With Piranhas
4booksHarry Potter Illustrated Editions Pack x 4
4booksBali Rai: Soccer Squad Pack x 4
- Usborne First Reading: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- A Life Story: Serena Williams
10booksSave The Planet KS2 Pack
- Life of Riley: Beginner's Luck
- Football Handbook
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- His Dark Materials #1: Northern Lights: the award-winning, internationally bestselling, now full-colour illustrated edition
- Little Badman and the Time-Travelling Teacher of Doom
5booksFunny Lower KS2 Pack x 5
- Scholastic Poetry: Funny Poems
- Morgan Charmley: Spells and Secrets
- The Gruffalo's Child
4booksPebble Plus: Celebrating Differences Pack x 4
- Is There Anybody Out There?
- Planet Greta: How Greta Thunberg Wants You to Help Her Save Our Planet
The Problem with Problems
- Jamie Johnson: Jamie Johnson Pack x 7