Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Horrible Histories: Woeful Second World War (Classic Edition)
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, Sep 2013||Available in pack|
Rated 5/5 from 16 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
If you ever hear old folk moaning on about the world today, just remind them how woeful things were in World War II. When Hitler’s horrid army were goose-stepping round the globe, nearly everything in Europe was totally AWFUL! Read on to discover…
- The dreadful truth about Dad’s Army
- What happened when an elephant got loose in the blackout
- Who made a meal out of maggots
- Which smelly soldiers were sniffed out by their enemies
- Why wearing white knickers could kill you
What with doodlebug bombs dropping out of the sky and sweet rationing driving kids (and teachers) mad, life in the Second World War was truly wicked. So from snow-bound cities under siege to fly-infested jungle trenches, and from rotten rationing recipes to awful invasions, discover all the dire details about the worst war EVER!
May 7th, 2007
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 144 pages