Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Horrible Science: The Fight for Flight
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, May 2014||Available in pack|
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
Humans aren’t designed to fly. That’s why the first people to try it came to a very sticky end! (And that’s why this is a Horrible Science book!) But after centuries of death-defying stunts, blood-curdling blunders and fearsome flops, people have finally taken to the skies!Read on to discover:
- how to build a flying saucer
- which brave bird-men flew on feather wings
- how the zeppelin Hindenburg burned to a crisp in just 34 seconds
- why brave pilots flew faster than sound. Boom!
- which perilous plane was made of piano wire
- what happened to the world’s first flying sheep
A book stuffed with hair-raising heights, dizzying drops, terror, tears, triumphs – and squishy bits. It’s fearsome fun! Just don’t forget your parachute!
May 4th, 2009
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 160 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.