Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Horrible Science: Vicious Veg
Part of the following pack:
Rated 4/5 from 3 ratings
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Vegetables. They’re green. They’re gross. They’re grotty. They make you feel queasy. But do you know all there is to discover about vile vegetables and other types of vicious vegetation? Read on for some foul facts that’ll really make you sick! You’ll find out:
- which vegetables are really fruits in disguise (not that you’d be fooled)
- how plants suck out the insides of dead insects
- why stinging nettles feed off old skeletons
- which fungi can make your toes drop off
- how poisonous pond algae can kill you. (Fancy a dip?)
The whole vile truth about vicious, violent, villainous veg. It’s bloomin’ amazing – if you can stomach it!
August 4th, 2008
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 176 pages