Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
He could fall down a manhole, collapse from a stroke. A car crash could sever his spinal cord… There were comets. Killer bees. Foreign armies. Floods. Serial killers.
If fate is out to get you, can you outrun it? How fast and how far will you go? That’s the decision a teenage boy must make in this bold and brave Carnegie Medal winner. One day, David Case saves his baby brother’s life – snatches him away from a horrific death by the skin of his teeth. That day, David’s whole world changes. Suddenly every moment is fizzing with what ifs. David’s sure the world’s got it in for him. But can he trick fate? Now he’s going on the run. (And having strange misadventures. And falling in love.) A name change and a cool disguise should hide him from whatever’s up there. Right?
- A dazzling Carnegie Medal winner by the author of How I Live Now
- Philosophical yet witty look at whether we control our own lives
- “Intelligent, ironic and darkly funny” – Sunday Times
- “This is a brilliant, haunting novel” – Telegraph
This product has not been reviewed yet.