Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Out of this World: Arkies - Planet of Winds (Zone 3)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 8 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Manga-styled graphic and illustrated novels with exciting sci-fi plots to engage even the most reluctant readers. Each of the three series is split across four ability levels and follows a different group of characters as they explore outer space.
- High action plots engage even the most reluctant readers
- Mixture of boys and girls as the main protagonists
- Character profiles and glossaries and short writing tasks
- Everything you need to write your own graphic novel.
- Making friends on new planets is a risky business. They may never want you to leave.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Out of this World
Out of this World is a series of manga-style graphic and illustrated sci-fi novels supported with software to write your own graphic novel.
The series is perfect for reluctant readers and writers in Years 4–6 and is divided into four Zones (levels). At each Zone there are:
- Six manga-style graphic or illustrated sci-fi adventure novels
- A teacher’s resource book with activities and plot summaries
- A CD-ROM with templates and artwork for writing a new adventure.
Out of this World Teacher Resource Books
Each Zone (level) is supported with a wealth of notes, activities and the software and artwork to write you own graphic. Within each Teacher Resource Book you’ll find:
- Plot summaries for each story
- Reading and writing activities for each story
- Photocopiable pages
- Detailed guidance on using the CD-ROM
Interactive resources supplied on the CD-ROM are:
- Artwork from the book and graphic novel templates to help the children write their own story
- Covers and logos to create a cover for their book
- Character cards
- Quick writing activities – for example, ‘What happened next?’ and image-only versions of spreads from the books to allow the children to write their own versions.
There are three strands of Out of this World novels:
- The Arkies
- Space Sports
Each strand follows a different set of sci-fi characters and aliens as they explore and colonise distant planets.
The novels in each strand are published at four Zones (levels), with two novels at each Zone:
- Zone 1 (Graphic novels; 32pp; interest level Years 4–5)
- Zone 2 (Graphic novels 40pp; interest level Years 4–5)
- Zone 3 (Graphic novels 48pp; interest level Years 5–6)
- Zone 4 (Illustrated novels; 64pp; interest level Years 5–6) Each series has a different set of characters and aliens and a different style of artwork.
We can supply each children’s title as a pack of 6 or as a single purchase.
We can also supply the books for each zone as:
- Zone starter pack: one copy of each novel at that Zone plus the accompanying teacher’s resource book
- Zone class pack: six copies of each novel at that Zone book plus one copy of the accompanying teacher’s resource book