Buy this and your school gets €2.03 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
From the author of The Girl Who Stole an Elephant comes another brilliant escapade. A thrilling adventure set in fictional Sri Lanka, jam-packed with peril and kidnap and a huge blue whale!
Razi, a local fisherboy, is watching turtle eggs hatch when he sees a boat bobbing into view. With a chill, he notices a small, still hand hanging over the side… Inside is Zheng, who’s escaped a shipwreck and is full of tales of sea monsters and missing treasure. But the villains who are after Zheng are soon after Razi and his sister, Shifa, too. And so begins an exhilarating adventure in the shadow of the biggest sea monster of them all…
Our January 2021 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
For kids aged 9 and over, our January Book of the Month pick is the exhilarating The Boy Who Met a Whale. The second title from Nizrana Farook, the author of one of 2020’s biggest selling books – and her debut – The Girl Who Stole an Elephant. The Boy Who Met a Whale is another brilliant escapade, jam-packed with peril, kidnapping, missing treasure and a huge blue whale!
This thrilling adventure is set in tropical Sri Lanka and introduces and educates the reader on different cultures through our protagonists Razi, Zheng and Shifa. It is also so important for children to see a diverse range of characters in books, especially when it is characters they can see themselves reflected in, and this is a great example of such a book. We’ve chosen this book for all these reasons and more, plus it’s perfect for escaping reality and losing yourself in a completely different country and adventure!
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Hidden: True Stories of Children Who Survived World War II
- The Dragon in the Library
Night Bus Hero
30copiesWonder x 30
The Guggenheim Mystery
Murder Most Unladylike #1: Murder Most Unladylike
- Nevermoor #1: The Trials of Morrigan Crow
- The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
Murder Most Unladylike #2: Arsenic for Tea
- The Nothing to See Here Hotel #1: The Nothing to See Here Hotel
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Viking Sites
- Wed Wabbit
A Pinch of Magic #2: A Sprinkle of Sorcery
The Fowl Twins
Murder Most Unladylike #3: First Class Murder
- Why Do We Remember? Charles Darwin's Voyages of Discovery
- Dragon Mountain
- Who Let the Gods Out? #2: Simply the Quest
- Brightstorm #2: Darkwhispers: A Brightstorm Adventure
- Who Let the Gods Out? #3: Beyond the Odyssey
Worries: Jaz and the New Baby
- The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea #1: Malamander
- Asha and the Spirit Bird
Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
3booksThe Nothing to See Here Hotel Pack x 3
- Anisha, Accidental Detective
- Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the World