This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
At a sixth form in the north of England, an unruly bunch of bright, funny boys are starting their A level history course. They’re in pursuit of girls, sport and a university place. But the staff have other things on their minds. There’s a headmaster obsessed with results, and a history teacher who thinks he’s a fool. Meanwhile, a maverick English teacher is at odds with the young, shrewd supply teacher. In Alan Bennett’s classic play, staffroom rivalry and the anarchy of adolescence provoke insistent questions about history and how you teach it – and, more broadly, about education and its purpose.
- The complete playscript of this classic schoolroom drama
- A rare play that speaks directly to students about their lives
- The History Boys premiered at the National Theatre in 2004
- It won both the Tony Award and the Laurence Olivier Award
- Includes a comprehensive introduction and notes by the author
“Nothing could diminish the incendiary achievement of this subtle, deep-wrought and immensely funny play about the value and meaning of education . . . In short, a superb, life-enhancing play.” Guardian
“A play of depth as well as dazzle, intensely moving as well as thought-provoking and funny.” Daily Telegraph
Supplied as a pack of 30 copies.
March 7th, 2019
This product has not been reviewed yet.