Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
1 review (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Stay alive, stay astride, out of the bloody water. To race these savage water horses is blood and joy, sand and suicide. Are you ready to ride…? Every November, the Scorpio Races are run beneath the chalk cliffs of Skarmouth. Thousands gather to watch, as the sea washes blood from the sand. No steeds are more beautiful, fearless or deadly than the capaill uisce – the wild water horses. Yet every year, the foolhardy risk their lives to ride. Some are chasing the winnings. Some, like Sean, are chasing danger. And others, like Puck, are forced to ride… Yup: it’s a boy meets girl story – on horseback. But only one can be first to the finish line. And that’s if they actually survive…
- A Printz Honor winner – an exhilarating whirlwind of a love story
- By the no. 1 bestselling author of Shiver and The Raven Cycle
- A tale of romance, beauty and danger told in dazzling, lyrical style
- “Masterful… like nothing else out there now” – Kirkus Reviews
October 6th, 2011
AR book level: 5.5; Upper years; 17.0 points
- 496 pages