Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 4/5 from 20 ratings
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Morpurgo’s epic triumph; the First World War story all the others look to. A play, a film, a book that all of us must read. In the deadly chaos of the Great War, one brave horse sees the horror of battle from both sides of the trenches. He forges great friendships, endures terrible losses, and is bombarded by bullets that knock the riders from his back. Joey sees the best and the worst of humanity; the power of war and the beauty of peace. This is his unforgettable story.
- The moving story of a brave horse in World War One
- Now a major film and award-winning theatre show
- Brings the war to life with skill and compassion
- Explores the role that animals played in the war
AR book level: 5.9; Middle years; 6.0 points
- 192 pages