Buy this and your school gets €1.87 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school. Find out more about Scholastic Rewards
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- All About You > Hospitals, Dentists, Doctors and Illness
- Award Winners > Award-Winning Author
- Award Winners > Award-Winning Illustrator
- Comedy and Humour
- English > Reading for Pleasure
- English > Reading > Top 100 Children's Books
- History > Knights and Warriors
- Myths and Legends > Dragons
- Myths and Legends > Princesses
- Picture Book
- Rhyming Text
The magical and exciting picture book from the number one bestselling author and illustrator of The Gruffalo, Zog and Stick Man. ‘Madam Dragon ran a school, many moons ago. She taught young dragons all the things that dragons need to know. Zog, the biggest dragon, was the keenest one by far. He tried his hardest every day to win a golden star.’Zog is the keenest dragon in school. He’s also the most accident-prone, flying into trees and even setting his own wing on fire. Luckily, a mysterious little girl always comes by and patches up his bumps and bruises. But will she be able to help him with his toughest test: capturing a princess?
- Shiny foil highlights on the cover makes this a special gift for toddlers
- A magical picture book about dragons, knights and princesses from the UK’s number one picture book author and illustrator
- Perfect read-aloud rhyming text and stunning pictures on every page with lots of details to spot
- The perfect story for children starting school with bravery, kindness, friendship and perseverance at the heart
- Zog has been adapted into a popular animated film starring voices from Sir Lenny Henry (Narrator), Hugh Skinner (Zog), Tracy Ullman (Madame Dragon) and Kit Harrington (Sir Gadabout).
- The animated film of Tabby McTat stars voice artists including Jodie Whittaker (Doctor Who) as the narrator, Rob Brydon (Gavin and Stacey) as Fred, Sope Dirisu (Gangs of London) as Tabby McTat, alongside Cariad Lloyd, Joanna Scanlan and Susan Wokoma.
- Look out for Jonty Gentoo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler in 2024.
Winner of the Galaxy National Book Award 2010 Praise for Zog:
‘Heartwarming and hilarious. A book to make your heart soar and ‘zigzag through the blue’ Daily Mail
‘Humour, heart and a worthy heroine earn this story its own star’ New York Times
‘A delightful bedtime read with Donaldson’s witty versification and Scheffler’s usual assortment of lushly coloured, winsomely boggle-eyed characters’ FT
July 7th, 2016
AR book level: 3.3; Lower years; 0.5 points