Oxford Primary Illustrated Maths Dictionary
Buy this and your school gets €2.54 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
An easy-to-use illustrated dictionary that includes over 1000 words and meanings to help young learners understand key maths terms and concepts at school and at home. The layout is fresh and child-friendly. The words are explained in a simple and clear way and there are examples and diagrams, graphs, illustrations and photographs to help children understand the concepts. It includes words from the National Curriculum such as congruent and composite shapes, gradient, discrete object and order of operations. Examples are clearly set out in panels to easily show support the meanings. Related words are listed in helpful ‘Word build’ panels to develop vocabulary in key areas.
This book supports parents and teachers as well as children with the terminology and vocabulary children encounter at school. It builds mathematical understanding and vocabulary using cross references, and the thematic supplement on key topics gives more in-depth understanding.
This dictionary is part of the new primary illustrated reference series, the perfect set of cross-curricular vocabulary builders. The Oxford Primary Illustrated Dictionary, Oxford Primary Illustrated Thesaurus, Oxford Primary Illustrated Science Dictionary and the brand new Oxford Illustrated Computing Dictionary can also be used to support transition and lower secondary.
For free downloadable activity worksheets, go to www.oxfordschooldictionaries.com
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Murderous Maths: The Power of Ten Box Set
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball
- F2: Ultimate Footballer
- Oxford Primary Illustrated Science Dictionary
- 100 History Lessons for the New Curriculum: Years 3-4
Shoe Wars (the laugh-out-loud, packed-with-pictures new adventure from the creator of Tom Gates)
- 100 Science Lessons for the New Curriculum: Year 4
- Twins (Graphic Novel)
Tom Gates #18: Ten Tremendous Tales
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Foundation Maths AQA Revision and Exam Practice Book
- 10-Minute SATs Tests: Grammar, Reading and Maths (Year 4)
- The Great Outdoors Pack
- Close Reading: Non-Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 11+
- 10-Minute SATs Tests: Grammar, Reading and Maths (Year 3)
- Read & Respond: Guided Reading (Ages 9-10)
10booksSave The Planet KS2 Pack
- Close Reading: Fiction Teacher's Book Ages 10+
- Philip's Essential School Atlas
6booksMy First Book of Nature Pack x 6
Please Mrs Butler
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Foundation Maths Revision and Exam Practice Book for All Boards
- Pass It On
- Counting On Katherine
- DK: The New Children’s Encyclopedia
Tom Gates #8: Yes! No. (Maybe...)
- Work It, Girl: Boss the Bestseller List Like J.K. Rowling
- Tom Gates #7: A Tiny Bit Lucky
- Scholastic English Skills: Grammar and Punctuation Workbook (Year 4)
6booksA Life Story Pack x 6
4booksBali Rai: Soccer Squad Pack x 4