Oxford Primary Illustrated Science Dictionary
Buy this and your school gets €2.54 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
An easy-to-use illustrated dictionary that includes over 1000 words and meanings to help young learners understand key science terms and concepts at school and at home. The layout is fresh and child-friendly. The words are explained in a simple and clear way and there are examples, diagrams, illustrations and photographs to help children understand the concepts. It includes words from the National Curriculum such as nature reserve, suspension, variable and voltage. More detail has been added to existing words such as different types of teeth or bones (canine, molar, incisor, ribs, tibia, fibula, radius, ulna). Related words are listed in helpful ‘Word build’ panels to develop vocabulary in key areas.
This book supports parents and teachers as well as children with the terminology and concepts children encounter at school. It builds scientific understanding and vocabulary using cross references, and the thematic supplement on key topics gives more in-depth understanding.
This dictionary is part of the new primary illustrated reference series, the perfect set of cross-curricular vocabulary builders. The Oxford Primary Illustrated Dictionary, Oxford Primary Illustrated Thesaurus, Oxford Primary Illustrated Maths Dictionary and the brand new Oxford Illustrated Computing Dictionary can also be used to support transition and lower secondary.
For free downloadable activity worksheets, go to www.oxfordschooldictionaries.com
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Collins Primary French Dictionary
- Philip's Junior School Atlas
6copiesCollins School Dictionary x 6
- PM Writing Emergent: Dad is a Farmer (PM Magenta) Levels 1, 2
- 10-Minute SATs Tests: Grammar, Reading and Maths (Year 3)
30copiesOxford Primary Dictionary x30
6copiesCollins Primary Dictionary x 6
2booksOur World Pair
- 10-Minute SATs Tests: Grammar, Reading and Maths (Year 4)
- Lily Alone
- Read & Respond: Guided Reading (Ages 9-10)
30copiesCollins School Dictionary x 30
Scholastic Classics: Animal Farm
I Was There...: Boudica's Army
- Poems from the Second World War
Supertato: Carnival Catastro-Pea!
- Scholastic English Skills: Grammar and Punctuation Workbook (Year 4)
- Return to Wonderland
- Clifford's Bedtime Story Box
- Scholastic English Skills: Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook (Year 4)
The Ugly Five Early Reader
- Oxford Primary Illustrated Maths Dictionary
- Scholastic English Skills: Handwriting Workbook (Years 3-4)
- DK: The New Children’s Encyclopedia
5booksScholastic Acorns Early Readers Pack x 5
- Hansel and Gretel
Zog and the Flying Doctors
- A Life Story: David Attenborough
- Usborne Beginners: Nature Box Set (10 books)