928 Miles from Home
Buy this and your school gets €2.03 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Fourteen year old Calum Brooks has big dreams. One day, he’ll escape this boring life and write movies, proper ones, with massive budgets and A-list stars. For now though, he’s stuck coping alone while his dad works away, writing scripts in his head and trying to stay ‘in’ with his gang of mates at school, who don’t like new kids, especially foreign ones.
But when his father invites his new Polish girlfriend and her son, Sergei, to move in, Calum’s life is turned upside down. He’s actually sharing a room with ‘the enemy’! How’s he going to explain that to his mates? Yet when Calum is knocked down in a hit and run and breaks both legs, everything changes.
Trapped at home, Calum and Sergei slowly start to understand each other, and even work together to investigate a series of break-ins at the local community centre. But Calum can’t help feeling like Sergei’s hiding something. Is he really trying to help, or cover up his own involvement in the crime?
928 Miles from Home is a powerful new story from the multi-award-winning author of Smart and A Seven-Letter Word, Kim Slater.
April 4th, 2019
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Barrington Stoke Teen: Until We Win
30copiesThe Five Realms: The Legend of Podkin One-Ear Class Set x 30
- Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know
- Scientists Who Made History: Charles Darwin
6booksUsborne First Reading: Just So Stories Pack x 6
- Most Likely
Howl's Moving Castle
- The Story of Tracy Beaker
- Becoming: Adapted for Younger Readers
- Nelson Mandela: No Easy Walk to Freedom
- How to Be Me
Silence is Not An Option: You can impact the world for change
- Counting on Katherine
6booksFairy Tales Pack x 6
- The Story of the Windrush
- Women in Art: 50 Fearless Creatives Who Inspired the World
- Usborne Beginners: Nature Box Set (10 books)
- Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the World
- Black and British
- The Boy at the Back of the Class
- Grandad Mandela
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
A Medal for Leroy