Stage 2: Emerging Readers: Bob Books: Set 2 - Advancing Beginners Box Set (12 books)
Buy this and your school gets €3.90 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school. Find out more about Scholastic Rewards
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- Box Set: 12 Books
- Ages: 4 to 6
- Stage 2: Emerging Readers
The books in Bob Books Set 2 provide your new reader with more material at the beginning level. These twelve stories in three- and four-letter words will build confidence through practice. Simple text combined with slightly longer stories build reading stamina. Elements of humour and surprise keep children’s interest high.
Add Bob Books Set 2 to your collection for invaluable beginning reading practice. Reading this foundation set ensures children have mastered basic phonics before they advance to consonant blends.
Inside the box you’ll find:
- 12 easy-to-read books, 16 pages each
- Mostly two and three letter words (C-V-C words)
- Can be ‘sounded out’ (phonics based)
- Limited sight words
- 20 to 30 words per book
ABOUT BOBS BOOKS
Bob Books is a true first reader series, designed to make helping children learn to read simple and straightforward. The clean layout, short words, and simple phonics make learning to read a fun and natural step for a child that knows the alphabet.
Bob Books is designed to give young children the tools to cross from learning letters to reading words. Our award-winning beginning reader book sets start slowly and progress from books with three letter words, to books with more than one sentence per page. Because we meet children at the right level, parents are often amazed at how quickly their child is able to sound out words when reading their first Bob Book.
Bob Books covers four reading stages…
- Pre-Readings Skills Recognize shapes, patterns, and other pre-reading skills
- Stage 1: Starting to Read From learning the alphabet to sounding out your first words
- Stage 2: Emerging Readers Sentences become longer and sight words are introduced
- Stage 3: Developing Readers Words and sentences become longer, and new rules are introduced
1989 in Education Catalogue 2023–24
Paperback, Slip Case
October 3rd, 2019