Stage 1: Starting to Read: Bob Books: First Stories Box Set (12 books) New
Buy this and your school gets €3.31 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- Box Set: 12 Books
- Ages: 3 to 5
- Stage 1: Starting to Read
A Bob Books boxed set featuring 12 easy-to-read stories!
Great for early readers, this boxed set includes twelve mini-books. This set is the perfect stepping stone to independent reading since it contains four level A books, four level B’s, and four level C’s. (Level A and Level B are the equivalent of the UK Pink Book Band, and Level C is equivalent to UK Red Book Band)
In typical Bob Books style, these mini-books have lots of repetition, friendly illustrations, and silly stories. Bob Books First Stories is a great companion to Bob Books Set 1: Beginning Readers and Sight Words Year 1 and Sight Words Year 2.
Inside the box you’ll find:
- 12 easy-to-read books, 12 pages each
- Consistent sounds. All letters (except Q) introduced gradually in this set.
- Books with only two and three letter words
- All words can be ‘sounded out’ (phonics based)
- Each book introduces a few new letters
- Limited sight words
- 7 to 20 words per book
ABOUT BOBS BOOKS
Bob Books is America’s no.1, award-winning, learning-to-read series trusted for over 40 years.
Bob Books is a true first reader series, designed to make helping children learn to read simple and straightforward. The clean layout, short words, and simple phonics make learning to read a fun and natural step for a child that knows the alphabet. Companion workbooks extend children’s reading journey by allowing them to practice the skills learned in the books.
Bob Books is designed to give young children the tools to cross from learning letters to reading words. The award-winning beginning reader book sets start slowly and progress from books with three letter words, to books with more than one sentence per page. By meeting children at the right level, parents are often amazed at how quickly their child is able to sound out words when reading their first Bob Book.
Bob Books covers four reading stages…
- Pre-Readings Skills Recognize shapes, patterns, and other pre-reading skills
- Stage 1: Starting to Read From learning the alphabet to sounding out your first words
- Stage 2: Emerging Readers Sentences become longer and sight words are introduced
- Stage 3: Developing Readers Words and sentences become longer, and new rules are introduced
Paperback, Slip Case
February 4th, 2016
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.