Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets €1.86 to spend on books
Rated 5/5 from 27 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
A Carnegie Medal winner tells the true story of the Victorian orphan boy whose plight inspired Dr Barnardo to set up his famous children’s refuge. Jim Jarvis is a runaway. He has fled the dark and terrible workhouse where he was dumped when his mother died. But 1860s London is a dangerous and lonely place, and life is a constant battle for survival. Just when Jim finally finds some friends, he is snatched away and enslaved by the cruel Grimy Nick. Constantly watched and hounded by Nick’s vicious dog, Snipe, will Jim ever be free?
- A best-loved popular classic based on a true story
- “A brilliant and moving book” – Julia Golding
- Berlie Doherty has won the Carnegie Medal twice
- Her books include Carnegie winner Dear Nobody
This product has not been reviewed yet.