Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets €1.86 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
One for Goodnight Mister Tom fans! Blitz bombs, hostile locals and a terrible curse: being a World War Two evacuee is hard. Hitler’s bombs are falling on London. It’s no place for kids, even though Carrie and Nick are toughing it out. But when they’re sent to rural Wales on a train of evacuees, they find life there just as hard. (If a bit less deadly.) They’re stuck with bullying old Mr Evans: mean to them and his timid sister. At least their friend Albert gets a warm welcome in the strange old house at Druid’s Bottom. But hanging over them all is an ancient curse. What next? Talk about a world of bothers.
- A heartwarming wartime classic by Nina Bawden
- Touching insight into the lives of wartime evacuees
- Explores family, loyalty, choice and consequence
- Brilliantly evokes the Second World War era
This product has not been reviewed yet.