Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
English Timesavers: Extracts 2 (with CD)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
This book provides 14 authentic extracts from modern and classical literature, each exploring a different theme, from the best of English authors and novels:
- Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- About a Boy by Nick Hornby
- The Time Machine by H G Wells
- The Beach by Alex Garland
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- A Passage to India by E M Forster
- The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13¾ by Sue Townsend
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Hotel du Lac by Anita Brookner
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens
- The Millstone by Margaret Drabble
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières
Each extract is accompanied by useful background information on the authors and the context of their novels. The extracts are followed by two photocopiable exercises and include a wide variety of language practice, such as reading comprehension, vocabulary exercises, discussion activities, role-play, and composition topics, gap fill exercises, and develops reading skills, summary techniques and stylistic appreciation for the Cambridge CAE and CPE examinations.
All the extracts are read aloud on the accompanying audio component.
The series of photocopiable resource books for English Language Teaching includes cross-cultural lessons, grammar, vocabulary or skill development, games, raps and communicative activities and everyday, practical English. Tried and tested by teachers around the world, these are full of imaginative, lively activities and perfect for introducing, consolidating or practising recently taught structures and lexical sets.