Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Investigate Super Easy-Buy Pack Pack
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- English > Reading > Guided Reading
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- Facts and Information
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Animals
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Life Cycles
- Science > Earth and Beyond > Astronomy and Space
- Science > Physics > Light
Investigate is a series of high-interest, aesthetically appealing non-fiction guided readers for Key Stage 1.
This pack contains 21 titles across three strands:
- life cycles
- animal defences.
All the features of non-chronological text are included, such as glossary, index, wraparound captions, fact boxes, photographs, maps and diagrams. Each title is illustrated with full-colour photographs and diagrams and each strand is supported by a set of Teacher’s Notes.
Also suitable for library use and independent reading.
In this pack
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
- The series has a simple structure. Each strand has an overview book, with accompanying CD ROM, which teachers can use for guided reading. The overview books in each strand contain the key vocabulary and concepts for the whole strand. Once children are secure with the concepts, they can go on to use the remaining five books as independent readers.
- CD ROMs follow the structure of the overview books, but are packed with extra features – games, animal videos and audio to get less confident readers started.
- Choose the relevant strand for your class.
- Download the teachers’ notes for that strand, and pick the relevant notes for the book you have chosen.
- Use the CD-ROM for whole-class work, with children taking charge of the navigation.
- Support this work with the relevant overview book to get children interested in the concepts of LIfe cycles, Animal defences or Predators.
- The rest of the readers are all at the same level, so children can choose which books they are most interested in. Do they want to know more about Penguins, Octopus, Elephants, Deer or Otters?
Investigate CD-ROMs (Life cycles, Animal defences and Predators)
The CD ROM is NOT an ebook. It is much more than this. It is engaging and interactive and enables children to drill down even further, to learn about animals that haven’t been mentioned in the books, to test their understanding of the concepts, by playing matching games, or checking out information in a table. The CD brings the animals to life. Lions roar, and chase their supper. Birds swoop onto the interactive whiteboard. The activities provided on the CD-ROM are ideal for teaching literacy skills regularly and systematically. Above all, it is a fun way to learn.