Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets €1.86 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
Stanley’s not sure when his problems started. Either when his mum died, or when his brother went off to fight in the war. All he knows is that now Dad acts like he’s completely invisible – unless he’s going mad at him, that is. The only friend Stanley can turn to is his dog, Rocket. And when things at home get even worse, Stanley enlists in the army as a dog handler. As Stanley faces the horrors of war, he learns that his dog’s loyalty is the only thing he can rely on. Will he survive the guns and make up with his father again?
- A brilliant First World War story full of gripping details
- Perfect for fans of Megan Rix and War Horse
- Powerful story of conflict, family and a dog with a heart full of courage
- Longlisted for the Carnegie Medal and Branford Boase Award
5062 in Rewards Catalogue 2017/18
July 1st, 2012
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 6.0; Middle years; 9.0 points
- 288 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.