This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The Bolds are jolly normal, thank you. They live in an ordinary suburban house on an ordinary street near London. (Nothing to see here! Move along!) But – psst! Grab your binoculars! If you take a closer look at the Bolds, you’ll see that they’re not quite so normal after all. Mr Bold is fond of scavenging in dustbins. Mrs Bold likes to wear weird hats made of egg boxes and chicken bones. Bobby, the cheeky little one, is always chewing on table legs. His sister, Betty, has a very strange, cackling laugh. Hmm: have you guessed their secret yet?
- Hilarious stuff from best-loved comedian Julian Clary
- The Bolds was nominated for the 2016 Carnegie Medal
- Explores difference and tolerance in a lighthearted way
- Superbly funny artwork by the illustrator of Dirty Bertie
- Perfect for fans of Roald Dahl and David Walliams
“The book’s hilarious plot and abundant illustrations make it a top choice for reluctant readers. Wildly original and very funny.” Kirkus
“Although Clary plays up the humour the underlying warm message is of tolerance towards those who are supposedly different from the norm.” Daily Mail
March 1st, 2018
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
4booksMichael Rosen and Tony Ross Pack x 4
3booksThe Nothing to See Here Hotel Pack x 3
4booksMiss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Pack x 4
5booksMalorie Blackman Ages 7-9 Pack x 5
- Evie and the Animals
- The Girl Who Speaks Bear
- The House with Chicken Legs
- The Girl Who Stole an Elephant