My Best Friend: My Best Friend the Suffragette
Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Join two best friends as history is made in 1913. Eleven-year-old Christine has been taught that a girl’s place is at home looking after her family and putting up with BEASTLY BIG BROTHERS. Mary has been taught that a girl’s place is learning how to CHANGE THE WORLD.
After meeting outside the suffragette headquarters, the girls become fast friends, writing as often as they can. Their letters fly back and forth across London, as the VOTES FOR WOMEN campaign threatens to bring the nation to its knees – buildings BURNING, windows SMASHING, postboxes EXPLODING… Will their friendship survive?
Celebrating one hundred years since women first gained the right to vote, My Best Friend the Suffragette is an exciting read for children aged 6+, packed with fascinating historical details.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Silver Pony
I Was There...: Ira Aldridge: The Shakespearean Actor
- I Bet I Can Make You Laugh: The Funniest Poems Around
The Castle of Adventure
- Wolfe & Lamb #1: Kat Wolfe Investigates
I Was There...: Boudica's Army
- The Story of the Second World War for Children
- Dark Unicorns: The Cursed Unicorn
I Was There...: Viking Invasion
Adventures on Trains: Murder on the Safari Star
- A Life Story: Stephen Hawking
- Rainbow Magic: Deena the Diwali Fairy
Lizzie and Lucky: The Mystery of the Missing Puppies
- Women in Science
- Women in Art: 50 Fearless Creatives Who Inspired the World
Tom's Midnight Garden
- The Worst Witch
I Was There...: On Board the Titanic (new edition)
- A Life Story: David Attenborough
- I Was There...: Tutankhamun's Tomb