Buy this and your school gets €1.78 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 2/5 from 3 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
A gripping adventure in an exciting new series reflecting the authentic, unsung stories of our past!Now or Never brings a young soldier, Private Fazal Khan, from his home in India to the battlefields of the Second World War. Fazal’s world is now focused on Company 32 and the animals he cares for in the midst of one of the most frightening times in history. And as he and his friends make their way to the beaches of Dunkirk, Fazal must deal with even more than the terrors of a dangerous trek to reach the evacuation zone.
The Company’s captain defends his troops in the face of a terrible betrayal at the point of rescue: not everyone has welcomed the help brought by the Royal Indian Army Service Corps. Now Fazal is forced to question why he is even there and why he is expected to be loyal to a king whose people don’t all see him as their equal.
VOICES: A thrilling new series showcasing some of the UK’s finest writers for young people. VOICES reflects the authentic, unsung stories of our past. Each shows that, even in times of great upheaval, a myriad of people have arrived on this island and made a home for themselves – from Roman times to the present day.
Voices (book 1)
January 3rd, 2019
AR book level: 5.0; Middle years plus; 5.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- How to Look for a Lost Dog
- Voices #3: Son of the Circus - A Victorian Story
- How High the Moon
- Sam Wu #4: Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of Spiders
- Voices #4: Empire's End - A Roman Story
Queen Victoria: Her Great Empire
- The Faraway Truth
- The Young Magicians and the Thieves' Almanac
- A Pocketful of Stars
- The Taylor Turbochaser
Voices #2: Diver's Daughter: A Tudor Story (Voices #2)
- Sam Wu #3: Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of the Dark!
Queens: 3,000 Years of the Most Incredible Women in History
Horrible Histories: Vile Victorians
Horrible Histories: Woeful Second World War
Barrington Stoke Fiction: Ellie and the Cat
Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans
Horrible Histories: Up in the Air
Football Legends: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Assassin's Creed #2: Last Descendants - Tomb of the Khan
Barrington Stoke Teen: The Evil Within
- Favourite Poems: 101 Children's Classics
- A Life Story: Katherine Johnson
- Anisha, Accidental Detective
- Football Legends #1: Raheem Sterling (Football Legends #1)
If All the World Were...
- Planet Omar #1: Planet Omar: Accidental Trouble Magnet
- Football Legends: Harry Kane (Football Legends #2)