Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A picture book story about the triumph of hope, love, and determination, Coming to England is the inspiring true story of Baroness Floella Benjamin: from Trinidad, to London as part of the Windrush generation, to the House of Lords.
When she was ten years old, Floella Benjamin, along with her older sister and two younger brothers, set sail from Trinidad to London, to be reunited with the rest of their family. Alone on a huge ship for two weeks, then tumbled into a cold and unfriendly London, coming to England wasn’t at all what Floella had expected.
Coming to England is both deeply personal and universally relevant – Floella’s experiences of moving home and making friends will resonate with young children, who will be inspired by her trademark optimism and joy. This is a true story with a powerful message: that courage and determination can always overcome adversity.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Aliens Love Underpants
- Hair Love
- Baby Goes to Market
- Nevermoor #1: The Trials of Morrigan Crow
- Happy in Our Skin
- Scholastic Classics: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Tale of a Toothbrush: A Story of Plastic in Our Oceans
Murder Most Unladylike #3: First Class Murder
- Voices in the Park
- The Mega Magic Teacher Swap
- Owl Babies
- Julian is a Mermaid
- In My Mosque
- My Hair
- Look Up!
- The Mega Magic Hair Swap!
- The Proudest Blue
- Real-Life Stories: Malorie Blackman
- Tudors: Kings, Queens, Scribes and Ferrets!
- A Secret of Birds and Bone
Ottoline and the Yellow Cat
The Story of the Windrush
- Scholastic Classics: The Secret Garden
- The Chronicles of Narnia #2: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Peace at Last
The Five Realms #1: The Legend of Podkin One-Ear