Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
A book to shatter your heart into a million dazzling pieces. Try putting it back together again. Then you might get a sense of David’s life. Who is this haunted-looking kid? David barely even knows. He’s spent all his life in a concentration camp. He’s never known his parents, or any world outside. But now he’s free. He’s escaped – and now he’s racing across Europe, with his enemies hot on his heels. All he has is a compass, some crumbs of bread, his aching legs, and a tip-off that he’ll find safety in Denmark. (Wherever that is.) Is it enough to survive?
- A truly essential modern classic – once read never forgotten
- The heartbreaking tale of a child’s lone journey through Europe
- Highly topical read for today’s world of war and refugee crisis
- “Full of hope and tenderness” – Evening Standard
AR book level: 5.6; Middle years; 8.0 points
- 192 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.