Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets €1.47 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
A book to shatter your heart into a million dazzling pieces. Try putting it back together again. Then you might get a sense of David’s life. Who is this haunted-looking kid? David barely even knows. He’s spent all his life in a concentration camp. He’s never known his parents, or any world outside. But now he’s free. He’s escaped – and now he’s racing across Europe, with his enemies hot on his heels. All he has is a compass, some crumbs of bread, his aching legs, and a tip-off that he’ll find safety in Denmark. (Wherever that is.) Is it enough to survive?
- A truly essential modern classic – once read never forgotten
- The heartbreaking tale of a child’s lone journey through Europe
- Highly topical read for today’s world of war and refugee crisis
- “Full of hope and tenderness” – Evening Standard
This product has not been reviewed yet.