Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
We are only able to deliver orders to school addresses
- FREE delivery for schools*
- Delivery within 10 working days
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
*We do not charge for delivery, but your order may incur additional customs costs.
- All About You > Bullying
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Divorce and Remarriage
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Love and Relationships
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- All About You > School Life
- Award Winners
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- Multicultural > Polish
- Sports > Swimming
Armed with a suitcase and an old laundry bag, Kasienka and her mother head for England. Yet Kasienka’s new life feels cold and lonely. At home her mother’s heart is breaking. At school, friends are scarce. But when someone special swims into her life, Kasienka learns that there might be more than one way for her to stay afloat… Both stark and lyrical, The Weight of Water is a startlingly original piece of fiction: a story of growing up, of feeling alienated and lost, and of what it is like to start a new life in a country where nobody knows you. Kasienka’s story will take you deep into the secret thoughts of a remarkable girl who shows how quiet courage prevails.
“Poignant, powerful, just perfect.” Cathy Cassidy
“This poetic novel is sheer perfection – for adults as well as for teenagers. Being in Kasienka’s head, the reader gains a new understanding of how alienation feels.” Irish Examiner
“A compellingly beautiful, utterly seductive debut novel.” The Scotsman
This product has not been reviewed yet.