The Boy at the Back of the Class
Buy this and your school gets €1.82 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 3 ratings
2 reviews (Add a review)
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- All About You > Refugees
- All About You > School Life
- Award Winners > Award-Winning Author
- Award Winners > Award-Winning Book
- English > Reading for Pleasure
- English > Reading > Top 100 Children's Books
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Fiction > School Stories
- PSHE and Citizenship
Told with heart and humour, The Boy at the Back of the Class is a child’s perspective on the refugee crisis, highlighting the importance of friendship and kindness in a world that doesn’t always make sense.
There used to be an empty chair at the back of my class, but now a new boy called Ahmet is sitting in it.
He’s nine years old (just like me), but he’s very strange. He never talks and never smiles and doesn’t like sweets – not even lemon sherbets, which are my favourite!
But then I learned the truth: Ahmet really isn’t very strange at all. He’s a refugee who’s run away from a War. A real one. With bombs and fires and bullies that hurt people. And the more I find out about him, the more I want to help.
That’s where my best friends Josie, Michael and Tom come in. Because you see, together we’ve come up with a plan. . .
January 7th, 2021