Tom Crean: Ice Man
Buy this and your school gets €1.27 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Tom Crean was no ordinary man, and the story of his life is a stirring tale of courage and survival against all the odds. When he followed Captain Scott into the frozen wastes on his mission to reach the South Pole, he walked 56 km solo across a treacherous ice shelf to save a dying comrade. Later, he survived the sinking of Ernest Shackleton’s polar exploration ship Endurance, helping to save his friends from death in the freezing waters. As if that wasn’t heroic enough, he then took part in an 800 mile open boat journey through treacherous pack ice from Elephant Island to South Georgia – a feat still regarded as one of the greatest feats of seamanship ever! Written by Tom Crean’s biographer, this story of a life in the frozen Antarctic wastes will make you shiver with excitement!
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesThe Wreck of the Zanzibar x 6
- Shackleton: The Boss - The Remarkable Adventures of a Heroic Antarctic Explorer
6copiesBill's New Frock x 6
- The World's Worst Parents
6booksOnce Pack x 6
- I Survived: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912
6copiesBeegu x 6
The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour Dog
- Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Graphic Novel)
- Beyond the Sky: You and the Universe
10copiesGo Big x 10
Daisy and the Trouble with Nature
6copiesThe Boy in the Striped Pyjamas x 6
- Anne Frank's Story
- Poems from the Second World War
- Daily Life in Ancient Rome
- Under the Hawthorn Tree
13booksUnderstanding How You Feel KS1 Pack
- Captain Underpants #8: Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People
- Britain in the Past: The Iron Age
- Britain in the Past: The Bronze Age
- Five Nights at Freddy's: The Freddy Files (Updated Edition)
- Fact Finders: Humans and Other Life on Earth - Sharing the Planet
- Missing: The True Story of My Family in World War II