Buy this and your school gets €1.68 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A high-energy, laugh-out-loud, fully illustrated adventure story by much-loved actor Stephen Mangan and talented artist Anita Mangan. “[Escape the Rooms] is richly imagined and deeply heartfelt, and Anita Mangan’s cartoonish and poignant illustrations capture the tone perfectly … It reminded me a little of The Wizard of Oz, with the children on a quest through different lands to get home.” Hadley Freeman, Guardian “It’s been described as a cross between Alice in Wonderland and The Crystal Maze and it manages to feel both classic and modern at the same time.” Good HousekeepingThe last thing Jack expected when he bungee-jumped at the fairground was to go plummeting right through the ground into the weird, wonderful Rooms… There he must face a series of puzzles and traps alongside a mysterious girl called Cally, in order for them to find their way home. Throw in a murderous polar bear, hundreds of tiny yet ferocious lions, some mind-blowing riddles, and get ready for a hilarious, helter-skelter adventure like no other!
- Escape the Rooms follows two children dealing with loss on an amazing adventure.
- Wildly funny and endlessly surprising, Escape the Rooms is also a story about friendship, overcoming fears and being kind to yourself.
- Packed with fantastic pictures created by Stephen Mangan’s sister, Anita
Our June 2021 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
My Book of the Month pick for June for children aged 9 and over has to be the highly anticipated Escape the Rooms. Our protagonist Jack suddenly finds himself slap-bang in the middle of the Rooms when his bungee jump plummets him right through the ground! Just like real-life escape rooms, he’s faced with puzzles, traps, mind-blowing riddles – plus a mysterious companion named Cally, a murderous polar bear and a hundred tiny ferocious lions – all in the way of finding his way out. So begins a hilarious, helter-skelter adventure like no other!
This is the debut novel from much-loved actor Stephen Mangan, paired with fantastic illustrations throughout by his talented sister, artist Anita Mangan. It’s Alice in Wonderland meets The Crystal Maze, and perfect for fans of Roald Dahl, David Walliams and Tom Fletcher. A high-energy, laugh-out-loud, adventure story that is sure to be a firm favourite on children’s bookshelves.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Waterfire Saga: Deep Blue
- A Sally Lockhart Mystery #1: The Ruby in the Smoke
- The Same Inside: Poems about Empathy and Friendship
Instructions for Dancing
- Scholastic Classics: The Secret Garden
- Scholastic Poetry: Pet Poems
3booksAlways and Forever Pack x 3
30copiesCharlie and the Chocolate Factory x 30
- Adventures on Trains #1: The Highland Falcon Thief
Magic Faraway Tree: The Enchanted Wood
- Magpie Society: One for Sorrow
- Brightstorm #1: Brightstorm: A Sky-Ship Adventure
- Percy Jackson #3: Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
- Code Name Bananas
- Ninja Kid: Flying Ninja!
Aziza's Secret Fairy Door
6booksThe 13-Storey Treehouse Pack x 6
- Dragon Mountain
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11: Double Down
- I Bet I Can Make You Laugh: The Funniest Poems Around
- The Great War Anthology
- The Worst Witch
Simone Breaks All the Rules
- Planet Omar #2: Unexpected Super Spy
- The Deepest Breath
All About Diwali: Things to Make and Do