Buy this and your school gets €2.03 to spend on books Orders of €20 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Brutally brilliant. Teen joyrider Martin just lost his pretty face. Is it a chance to find his conscience? Good-looking and cocky, Martin is no angel. But when he’s mutilated in a joyriding smash, he ends up looking more like the devil. How will his mates treat him now? What about girls? People can hardly even stand to look at him. The East End hasn’t changed, with its chip shops, curry houses and rap clubs. But for the first time ever, Martin is being forced to look deep inside. And he’s starting to see that when people sneer at his broken face, they’re doing just what his own gang always did to the local blacks and Asians…
- A groundbreaking novel by poet and author Benjamin Zephaniah
- Written in taut, snappy prose that’s at once punchy and highly readable
- A raw and thought-provoking look at identity, disfigurement and prejudice
- Benjamin Zephaniah’s other books include Refugee Boy and Gangsta Rap
January 4th, 2018
AR book level: 5.3; Upper years; 7.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Scholastic Classics: The Sign of Four
- The Book Thief
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Hobbit
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Changed the World
- Scholastic Classics: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- His Dark Materials #1: Northern Lights
- The Longest Whale Song
5booksSarah Crossan Pack x5
- The Great Hamster Massacre
- Lily Alone
Mudpuddle Farm: Cock-A-Doodle-Doo!
14booksDork Diaries Pack x14
- The Thing About Jellyfish
- RSPCA #1: Little Lost Hedgehog