Why are human beings the masters of Planet Earth? Evolve and Die can tell you why! In this book, you’ll meet some revolting relatives you never knew you had – the slimy life forms that crawled out of the primordial sludge of the Earth’s ancient seas! We can trace all living things on earth back to those squishy creatures – but why are we still here when other creatures have vanished forever? It’s because we learned to evolve or die!
So dip into this book to discover:
- how a cauliflower really is a mutant
- why you are a slave to your DNA
- what fantastic fossils and petrified poo look like
- what a “living fossil” is (no, not your gran!)
- what dinosaur farts were like
- why just talking about evolution could wipe you out
From dinosaurs to dodos, monkeys to men, find out why we’re still here – and why some of them are not! It’s the sickening science of survival. Will you survive the excitement?
June 2nd, 2008
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.