Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Temporarily out of stock - due soon
Buy this and your school gets €1.72 to spend on books
This product has not been rated yet.
London, 1939. Must Molly stay and face the bombs? World War Two is starting. Everyone’s talking about air raids and Hitler. London is no place for a child to be. That’s why city kids like Molly are being evacuated to the country. Molly can’t wait. She’s terrified of the war. But Mum has other ideas. She says Molly must stay to help with the war effort – trapped in London, at the heart of the danger. Even worse, there’s not enough food for people, let alone pets. It looks as if Molly’s dog, Bertie, will have to go. So Molly decides to escape. Along with Bertie, she stows away on a train. But where are they going? How will they live? And who can they trust?
- A World War Two story by top author Holly Webb
- Captures the spirit of Britain at the start of the war
- Perfect for fans of Michael Morpurgo and Megan Rix
- A fantastic backup for the school history curriculum
- Big themes of resilience, identity, loss and belonging
- Holly’s many books include Return to the Secret Garden
This product has not been reviewed yet.